Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) is a key element of every successful Process Safety Management (PSM) program. The purpose of such an analysis is to identify hazards within the subject process. This is achieved by systematically reviewing the process and subsequently eliminating or controlling conditions that could lead to hazardous events.
We commonly employ the following methods when conducting a PHA:
- Hazard and Operability Study (HAZOP)
- What If? Analysis
- Safety Integrity Level Study (SIL)
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis (Pre-HA)
- Hazard Identification Study (HAZID)
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Bowtie Analysis
Review our PHA experience.